Position will require the following availability: Tuesday through Friday, with rotating Saturday and Sundays, starting at 9:00 AM until close (3:00 PM on Mondays; 5:00 PM Tue-Sun.).
This is NOT your typical receptionist position! Love of dogs and understanding their behavior is certainly a plus but not required. You will be greeting customers Award-winning, busy pet “spaw” in Roswell has a receptionist opportunity. This is a full time, making and confirming appointments, checking out customers and taking payments, assisting our Self Wash customers with getting set up and started, assisting with cleaning chores such as laundry, vacuuming and cleaning tubs. You’ll be answering and screening phone calls and responding to email and text requests for appointments. You’ll be responsible for keeping the front desk, lobby and retail areas neat, tidy, and dusted. This position requires a very detailed oriented and time efficient candidate.
You absolutely must be cheerful and patient on the phone and in person! You should be able to handle a high stress, busy environment and keep your cool. While loving dogs is important, this position requires that you love people, too – you’ll be handling customer complaints and expectations, which can at times be difficult.
You should not apply if you are allergic to dogs and cats or have asthma which is easily triggered. We use HEPA air filters but it may not be enough to keep you from experiencing symptoms over the course of a work day.
You should be over 18 with no criminal history and a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation!
We will require employment references. We may do a criminal background check or drug test at will.
· Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive
· Answer and screen incoming phone calls
· Accurately book and confirm appointments
· Enter detailed customer information for new customers
· Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable
· Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
· Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
· Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via reception
· Keep inventory of front desk stock and complete supply orders for the manager
· Update calendars
· Keep updated records of office expenses
· Assist spaw personnel with cleaning duties when needed
· Perform other receptionist duties such as assigned
· Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel and Word
· Ability to remain calm, cheerful and polite under pressure
· Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
· Professional attitude and appearance
· Solid written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
· Excellent organizational skills
· Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
· Exceptional customer service attitude
· High school degree; additional certification in Office Management is a plus
· Knowledge of dog breeds and behavior is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 – $14.00 per hour (*Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications)