K9 Keep Fit is looking for 2 full time dog handlers to start immediately.
- Starting at $17.00 per/hour
- Full time OPENER: Monday to Friday 7:30am-5:30pm (with an hour lunch)
- Full time CLOSED: Monday to Friday 10:30am -7:30pm (with an hour lunch)
- BENEFITS: Full time employee only 401K with company match after 3 months.
Full job description
- K9 Keep Fit, LLC is a dog daycare, boarding and training facility in San Jose for active dogs. We are looking for qualified individuals to work directly with dogs. Applicants must be sincere dog lovers, who can deal with hard work, are highly dependable and don’t mind getting dirty.
- Dog walking: 10:30am -12:30pm & 1:30pm – 3:30pm (determine on weather) be able to walk approximately 4 to 8 miles per day and walking 1 to 4 dogs at a time, cleaning up after them, can handle the elements (sun, heat, cold, wind and rain).
- In the facility: watching the dogs in group, cleaning up after the dogs in group and preparing meals, making sure water pails are full.
- Cleaning: kennels, treadmills, emptying water pails, washing dishes, vacuuming, and mopping floors, empty trash, hosing yard, etc.
- BE PREPARED:
- To be on your feet, always moving and be alert
- Get dirty (if you’re disgusted by bodily fluids, this is not the job for you)
- Must love dogs!!! If you’re not crazy about the pooches, you will hate this job. This is not a job for everyone. Working with dogs can be (at times) exhausting, infuriating, disgusting and overwhelming. If you really love dogs though, it can also be exciting, amusing, and overall, very rewarding. Applicants should be comfortable handling all types of dogs in a humane manner. Previous dog handling experience (vet tech, grooming, kennel) is a big plus.
- You should be able to lift 50lbs and expect to be physically active for your entire shift.
- You should be able to work equally well either independently or as a team. Along with a strong work ethic and physical stamina, you must be responsible, honest, patient, prompt and very dependable.
- You must possess good written and verbal communication skills, a sense of humor and most importantly, a positive attitude.
- We are looking for people that want to work with dogs, not people who think working with dogs means playing and goofing around with them all day. If you think you’re the right person, we look forward to meeting you.
To apply, please provide your resume and a cover letter stating the following:
- Any professional dog handling experience? (Looking for time spent working with dogs other than yours, your family’s, or your friends)
- Days and Hours, you are available to work (please be specific! Example: Friday’s 10am to 7pm)
- Reason for leaving your last job. (Please be honest, we do check references)
- What do you think is the most challenging aspect of working with dogs?
- Provide three references from your supervisors of your last three jobs (preferably dog handling position)